No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Share with friends and receive P20 (USD2) discount! TnCs Apply!
Simply give us a share and a special discount will be applied to your purchase at checkout! Minimum purchase of P250 (USD25). Discount must be used within 6 months.
- 4K Super 35mm Sensor with Global Shutter
- Records 4K (3840×2160) & HD (1920×1080)
- ProRes 422 Codecs (HQ, 422, LT, & Proxy)
- Compressed CinemaDNG RAW (4000×2160)
- 12 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Built-In SSD Recorder
- 6G-SDI Output for Ultra HD via One Cable
- 5″ Touchscreen LCD (800×480 Resolution)
- Includes DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope
The Blackmagic Design Production Camera 4K features a Super 35mm sized image sensor with a global shutter and a Canon EF lens mount. The camera is capable of recording Ultra HD 4K (3840×2160) and 1080p video using the 10-bit Apple ProRes 422 family of codecs, as well as the visually lossless, compressed 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW at 4000×2160 resolution. The built-in recorder utilizes removable 2.5″ SSDs, which enable the high data rates required by RAW and 880Mbps ProRes HQ. The camera’s ability to expose for 12 stops of dynamic range lends the image a truly film-like look, and the Super 35mm (21.12 x 11.88mm) sized sensor approximates the standard of traditional film.
The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K retains the beautifully crafted design and machined aluminum chassis of the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Much like its predecessor, this camera features a 5″ touchscreen LCD display with 800 x 480 resolution, which enables monitoring and playback as well as an efficient means for navigating the menu and entering metadata. The camera also includes a full license for DaVinci Resolve color grading software and UltraScope for live scopes via a Thunderbolt connection.
- Super 35 Sensor with Global Shutter
- With a large Super 35 size sensor you get familiar framing and behavior from the lenses you already own. The sensor features a global shutter so you get perfect panning, without rolling shutter artifacts.
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- With the Canon EF compatible lens mount you can choose high quality optics that are designed to take advantage of the large Super 35 size sensor with minimal cropping. This lets you use Canon’s extensive line of EF lenses, as well as Zeiss ZE lenses and other third party EF mount lenses. The active mount enables full electronic control with compatible EF mount lenses.
- Ultra HD 4K and 1080HD ProRes Recording
- The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K records Ultra HD 4K (3840×2160) and 1080p using the ProRes 422 family of codecs (HQ, 422, LT, Proxy). At a massive 3840 x 2160 pixels, Ultra HD 4K is four times the resolution of 1080p. The camera also features a single 6G-SDI output which supports Ultra HD live production.
- CinemaDNG RAW Recording
- For the highest quality and most post-production flexibility, the camera can record using the compressed, yet visually lossless, 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW. RAW recording yields 4000×2160 resolution, using every pixel from the sensor. This gives you a little extra width to work with, useful when cropping to 3840×2160 or upscaling to DCI standard 4096×2160 for your final deliverable.
- Built-in SSD Recorder
- The camera’s built-in recorder utilizes removable 2.5″ SSDs. You can playback directly from the camera, mount the disk to any computer, or use Blackmagic Design’s HyperDeck Studio deck. When finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to a computer and edit or color grade shots straight from the disc.
- 12 Stops of Dynamic Range
- With 12 stops of dynamic range you get amazing looking images beyond those of regular video cameras or even many high-end broadcast cameras. All this dynamic range is captured into ProRes or CinemaDNG files at 4K resolution, so images retain a beautiful film look. By capturing more detail from the sensor you have greater creative flexibility in post production. You can really push the shadows or highlights in either direction and preserve fine details.
- Standard Connections
- The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K uses standard connections, so you never need to source custom cables. It includes a 6G-SDI connection for Ultra HD resolution or down converted HD output over a single SDI cable. The built in Thunderbolt connection lets you plug into a laptop computer and use the included UltraScope software for real time waveform monitoring, and the 1/4″ jack mic/line inputs enable high quality uncompressed audio recordings. Other connections include a 12 to 30 volt DC input, a 3.5mm headphone input socket and LANC remote control.
- Touchscreen LCD Display
- The integrated 5″ LCD display features 800 x 480 resolution and touchscreen technology. Use the capacitive touchscreen to access menus and change settings such as recording format, shutter angle and more. Double tap the screen to zoom into the image for fast and accurate focus. Tap once on the screen to display the metadata entry page where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more. You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically. This metadata saves directly into your files and is compatible with popular editing software, simplifying file management in post production.
- Flexible Power Options
- The inclusion of an internal rechargeable battery makes the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K a truly portable high resolution camera. You get up to 90 minutes of recording time from the battery and the remaining power information is shown in the data strip at the bottom of the picture. The wide input voltage of 12-30V means you can connect external professional battery packs that will let you operate the camera longer while recharging the internal battery at the same time.
- Remote Control
- The LANC protocol is a standard method for the remote control of many professional cameras. The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K features a standard 2.5mm jack for connecting to a remote that lets you trigger the camera to start and stop recording, plus it supports electronic lens control of the focus and iris, all using an industry standard protocol and jack connection.
- Other Features
- Includes DaVinci Resolve color grading software and UltraScope
- FOCUS button turns the peaking display on and off
- IRIS button adjusts iris settings when used with a compatible EF mount lens
- Integrated mono microphone
- Mono speaker
- Three 1/4″-20 UNC threaded mounting points on the top of the camera
- One 1/4″-20 UNC threaded tripod mount with locator pin on the bottom
|Sensor Size||21.12 x 11.88mm (Super 35)|
|Effective Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Dynamic Range||12 stops|
|Lens Mount||EF and ZE mount compatible with electronic iris control|
|Display Type||Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Display Resolution||800 x 480|
Whats in the Box
Blackmagic Design Production Camera 4K (EF Mount)
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.