No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Share with friends and receive P20 (USD2) discount! TnCs Apply!
Simply give us a share and a special discount will be applied to your purchase at checkout! Minimum purchase of P250 (USD25). Discount must be used within 6 months.
- Fits Canon EF Lens to BMPCC MFT Mount
- Reduces Crop Factor to 1.75x
- Increases Maximum Aperture by 1 2/3 Stop
- Built-In Aperture Control Electronics
- Aperture is Set Using Camera Buttons
- 32-Bit Processor
- Efficient Switched-Mode Power Supply
- Powered by Camera Body
- Removable Arca-Type Tripod Foot
The black Canon EF Lens to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Speed Booster from Metabones adapts Canon EF lenses to Micro four Thirds mount, while using custom optics to increase the angle of view and the maximum aperture of the lens. It is designed specifically for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and features built-in electronics which let you set the lens aperture using the controls on the camera body.
The Speed Booster works by shrinking the image circle of your Canon EF lens down to better fit the smaller sensor of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. This has the effect of making the angle of view of the lens 0.58x wider or, in other terms, reducing the crop factor of the camera from 3.02x to 1.75x.
When the Speed Booster concentrates the image circle from a lens, the brightness of the image is increased by 1 2/3 stops. This yields a maximum output aperture of f/0.74 when using a Canon EF f/1.2 lens. In addition to lens speed and angle of view, the Speed Booster also increases the lens’ MTF, or how faithfully the lens transfers detail from the object to the camera sensor. These increases in MTF are seen in the corners as well as the center of the images.
To reduce strain on the Pocket Camera’s MFT mount, the Speed Booster includes a removable Arca-type tripod foot to help support the weight of the adapter and lens. In addition to being compatible with Arca-type quick-release heads, it also has a 1/4″-20 threaded hole for mounting to other tripods, rigs, or quick-release plates. The built-in electronics are powered by the camera body, so no additional power supply is needed. To reduce the drain on your camera’s battery, the Speed Booster uses an efficient switched-mode power supply, which continually switches between on and off states, only drawing power when it needs it.
Note: This Speed Booster is NOT compatible with the Panasonic GH4 or other MFT mount cameras. This is for use with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera only. When the Speed Booster is used with other MFT mount cameras, it’s rear element may cause damage to the camera.
- EF Lenses
- Image stabilization (IS) lenses
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85mm f/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50mm f/1.0L)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- Distance and zoom display on BMPCC camcorders (Requires lenses supporting distance information)
- Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus
- Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus
- Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount
- Third party zoom lenses may need to be registered with the Speed Booster first in order to detect its maximum aperture, by zooming to the maximum and minimum focal length, then turning off the adapter to store the settings to the non-volatile memory of the Speed Booster.
- Not Supported
- EF-S lenses
- Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
- Focus confirmation “chip” (e.g. Dandelion)
- M42 screw mount adapters (Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body)
- Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top
- List of Lenses Tested to Work with Speed Booster
- Canon EF primes
- 50mm f/1.8
- 50mm f/1.4
- 85mm f/1.2
- 100mm f/2.8
Canon EF Zooms
- 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5
- 28-80mm f/2.8-4 L
- 70-200mm f/2.8 L
- 24-70mm f/2.8 II
- 24-105mm f/4 L
- 70-200mm f/4 L
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6
- Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
- Zeiss 35mm f/2
- List of Manual Focus Lenses Which Require MODIFICATION to be Used with Speed Booster
- Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which can damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster. They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster via third party adapter rings. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible without modification:
- Super-Elmar-R 15mm
- Elmarit R 28mm f/2.8
- Elmarit R 35mm f/2.8
- Summicron R 50mm f/2
- 20mm f/2.8 AI-S
- 18mm f/3.5
- 21mm f/2
- 21mm f/3.5
- 28mm f/2.8
- 50mm f/1.8
- Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever, and do not fit.
|Camera Mount||Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Micro Four Thirds mount|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Elements/Groups||6 elements in 4 groups|
|Crop Factor||1.75x (when used on camera)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/0.74 (with f/1.2 lens)|
|Tripod Mount||Removable Arca-type foot with 1/4″-20 threaded hole|
Whats in the Box;
Metabones Canon EF Lens to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Speed Booster
- Rear Cap
- Front Cap
- Hex Key
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.