No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Share with friends and receive P20 (USD2) discount! TnCs Apply!
Simply give us a share and a special discount will be applied to your purchase at checkout! Minimum purchase of P250 (USD25). Discount must be used within 6 months.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2″ 1,037k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Continuous Shooting up to 5 fps
- 39-Point Multi-CAM 4800DX AF Sensor
- Expandable Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II LensThe Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera features a DX-format 24.2 megapixel sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD video with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800 and a fast continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. The sensor design omits the traditional optical low-pass filter in order to gain the utmost sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos. Complementing the imaging assets are both a versatile 39-point autofocus system, with nine cross-type sensors, and a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor for precise exposure metering in a wide variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported, in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with full-time continuous auto focusing capabilities.The compact, yet durably designed, camera body incorporates both an optical pentamirror optical viewfinder along with a large 3.2″ 1,037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor, which features a 180° swivel design to better support working from high and low angles. Also integrated into the D5300 are both Wi-Fi and GPS modules, which enable advanced image sharing capabilities as well as location-based image tagging. When paired with an Android or iOS mobile device, remote viewing and control over the shutter release is possible from a distance and a vast network of pre-populated Points of Interest adds to the overall geotagging functionality.For creatively enhancing the look and feel of imagery in-camera, a wide range of Picture Control modes, Scene Modes, and Special Effects modes are available as well as a host of in-camera image editing capabilities for adjusting settings prior to sharing. Built-in HDR and Active D-Lighting modes can also be used to optimize exposure results by preserving highlight and shadow details for an extended range of apparent tones.
Included with the D5300 body is the wide-angle to telephoto zoom AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, which features VR image stabilization to minimize camera shake to suit working in dimly-lit conditions and with longer focal lengths. One aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion element are integrated into the lens’ design to minimize aberrations and optimize image sharpness and an SWM autofocus mechanism is used to acquire focus quickly, silently, and accurately.
- 24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 12800, which is further expandable to ISO 25600. Additionally, the sensor’s design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
- Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, typically reserved for exposure metering, in order to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specific subject matter when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9, 21, or 39-point arrays for enhanced subject tracking and recognition, even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF, 3D-tracking, and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
- Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D5300 features built-in Wi-Fi and GPS modules to enable seamless transferring of imagery as well as geotagging functionality. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
The integrated GPS functionality can be used to assign locational data to all image files for geotagging purposes and for plotting imagery to an interactive map. Points of Interest can also be found using this information to further aid in efficient location-based tagging.
- Body Design
- Even while maintaining an overall compact form-factor, the D5300 integrates a large 3.2″ 1,037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor, which features a 180° swivel design to better-suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Alternatively, a bright pentamirror optical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon’s i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used, too, for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60, 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording full-time autofocus can be employed with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
- Other Camera Features
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12- or 14-bit depth.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording two separate exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor’s power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector is an automatic mode that intelligently identifies your subject and shooting scenario, selects a proper Scene Mode to apply, and adjusts exposure settings to best render the scene at hand.
- Scene Modes: Autumn Colors, Beach / Snow, Blossom, Candlelight, Child, Close-up, Dusk / Dawn, Food, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party / Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Sports, and Sunset.
- Special Effects Modes: Night vision, Color sketch, Toy camera, Miniature effect, Selective color, Silhouette, High key, Low key, and HDR painting.
- In-Camera Image Editing Features: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Tamil.
|Type of Camera||Single-lens reflex digital camera|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F bayonet mount|
|Effective angle of view||Nikon DX format|
|Effective Pixels||24.2 Million|
|Image Sensor||23.5 × 15.6 mm CMOS sensor|
|Total Pixels||24.78 million|
|Dust-Reduction System||Image Sensor Cleaning, Airflow Control System, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)|
|Image Size (Pixels)||6000 × 4000 (L), 4496 × 3000 (M), 2992 × 2000 (S)|
|File Format||NEF (RAW): 14 bit, compressed
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8) or basic (approx. 1:16) compression
NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
|Picture Control System||Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, User-customizable Settings, Vivid|
|Storage Media||SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards|
|File System||Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0
DPOF (Digital Print Order Format)
EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder|
|Viewfinder Frame Coverage||Approx. 95% horizontal and 95% vertical|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.82x|
|Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment||-1.7 to +0.7 m|
|Focusing Screen||Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen|
|Reflex Mirror||Quick-return type|
|Lens Aperture||Instant return, electronically controlled|
|Compatible Lenses||Autofocus is available with AF-S and AF-I lenses; autofocus is not available with other type G and D lenses, AF lenses (IX NIKKOR and lenses for the F3AF are not supported),and AI-P lenses; non-CPU lenses can be used in mode M, but the camera exposure meter will not function The electronic rangefinder can be used with lenses that have a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster|
|Shutter type||Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, bulb, time (requires optional ML-L3 Remote Control)|
|Flash Sync Speed||X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower|
|Release Modes||Continuous low-speed [CL] mode; 1-3 frames per second
Continuous high-speed [CH] mode; 5 frames per second (JPEG and 12-bit NEF/RAW) or 4fps (14-bit NEF/RAW)
Single-frame [S] mode
Quiet Shutter Release
Mirror-up [Mup] mode
Interval timer photography supported
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed||5 fps|
|Self-timer||2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures|
|Exposure Metering System||TTL exposure metering using 2016-pixel RGB sensor|
|Metering Method||Matrix: 3D color matrix metering II (type G and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses); Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 8-mm circle in center of frame; Spot: Meters 3.5-mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point|
|Metering Range||0 to 20 EV (3D color matrix or center-weighted metering)
2 to 20 EV (spot metering)
|Exposure Meter Coupling||CPU|
|Exposure Modes||Auto modes (auto; auto [flash off]); programmed auto with flexible program (); shutter-priority auto (); aperture-priority auto (); manual (); scene modes|
|Scene Modes||Autumn Colors
Beach / Snow
Dusk / Dawn
Party / Indoor
Special Effects Mode (Night vision, Color sketch, Toy camera, Miniature effect, Selective color, Silhouette, High key, Low key, HDR painting)
|Exposure Compensation||±5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV|
|Exposure Bracketing||3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1, 2, or 3 EV|
|Mirror Lock Up||Yes|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 100 – 12,800
Hi-1 (ISO 25,600)
|High ISO Noise Reduction||Low
|Active D-Lighting||Auto, extra high, high, normal, low, off|
|D-Lighting Bracketing||2-3 frames
2 frames using selected value for one frame or 3 frames using preset values for all frames
|Autofocus System||Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, 39 focus points (including 9 cross-type sensors), and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5 to 3 m/1 ft 8 in. to 9 ft 10 in.)|
|Detection range||-1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20°C/68°F)|
|Lesn Servo||Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AFC selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status
Manual focus (M): Electronic rangefinder can be used
|Focus Point||Can be selected from 39 or 11 focus points|
|AF-area modes||Single-point AF, 9-, 21- or 39-point dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF|
|Focus lock||Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing button|
|Guide Number||Approx. 39/12, 43/13 with manual flash (ft/m, ISO 100, 68°F/20°C)|
|Flash Control||TTL: i-TTL flash control using 2016-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash and SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600, SB-400 or SB-300; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering|
|Flash Modes||Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, auto slow sync, auto slow sync with red-eye reduction, fill-flash, red-eye reduction, slow sync, slow sync with red-eye reduction, rear-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, off|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV|
|Flash-ready indicator||Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes after flash is fired at full output|
|Accessory Shoe||Yes with sync and data contacts and safety lock|
|Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)||Advanced Wireless Lighting supported with SB-910, SB-900, SB-800 or SB-700 as a master flash or SU-800 as commander; Flash Color Information Communication supported with all CLS-compatible flash units|
|White Balance||Auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine-tuning|
|White Balance Bracketing||3 shots in steps of 1|
|Live View Shooting||Photography Live View Mode
Movie Live View Mode
|Live View Lens servo||Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F); Manual focus (M)|
|Life View AF-area mode||Face-priority AF, wide-area AF, normal-area AF, subject-tracking AF|
|Live View Scene Auto Selector||Auto mode|
|Movie Metering||TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
Metering method Matrix
|Movie Frame size (pixels) and frame rate||1920 x 1080, 60i (59.94 fields/s)/50i (50 fields/s)*, high/normal
1920 x 1080, 30p (progressive)/25p/24p, high/normal
1280 x 720, 60p/50p, high/normal
640 x 424, 30p/25p, high/normal
|Movie File Format||MOV|
|Movie Video Compression||H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding|
|Movie Audio||Built-in stereo microphone
External stereo microphone (optional)
Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
|Audio Maximum length||29 min. 59 s (3 min. in miniature effect mode)|
|Audio ISO sensitivity||ISO 100 to 6400; can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 25600 equivalent) above ISO 6400|
|Monitor Size||Super Density 3.2 in. diagonal|
|Monitor Resolution||1,037,000 dots|
|Monitor Angle of View||170-degree wide-viewing angle|
|Monitor Adjustments||Brightness, 7 levels|
|Playback Functions||Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar) playback with playback zoom, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, auto image rotation, and image comment (up to 36 characters|
Accessory Terminal: Remote Cord: MC-DC2 (available separately); GPS unit: GP-1, GP-1A (available separately)
HDMI Output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
Stereo Microphone Input
WR-1 and WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller (available separately)
|Wi-Fi Functionality||Yes, built-in (IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g|
|GPS||GP-1 GPS unit
GP-1A GPS unit
H1202 GPS Unit
|Video output||NTSC, PAL|
|Supported languages||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian|
|Battery||One EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery|
|Battery Life (shots per charge)||600 shots per charge (Battery Life) (CIPA)|
|AC adapter||EH-5b AC Adapter; requires EP-5A Power Connector (available separately)|
|Tripod socket||1/4 in. (ISO 1222)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 125 x 98 x 76 mm/4.9 x 3.9 x 3.0 in.|
|Weight||Approx. 16.9 oz (480g) (camera body only)|
|Temperature||0 to 40°C/32 to 104°F|
|Humidity||85% or less (no condensation)|
What’s in the box
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens
- EN-EL14 Lithium-Ion Battery (1030mAh)
- MH-24 Quick Charger for EN-EL14 Battery
- EG-CP16 Nikon Audio/Video Cable
- UC-E17 USB Cable
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap (Black)
- DK-5 Eyepiece Shield (Replacement)
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Hot-Shoe Cover
- Nikon View NX2 Software CD-ROM
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.