No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Share with friends and receive P20 (USD2) discount! TnCs Apply!
Simply give us a share and a special discount will be applied to your purchase at checkout! Minimum purchase of P250 (USD25). Discount must be used within 6 months.
- Sony Alpha Mount for Full-Frame Sensors
- Aperture Range: f/1.4-22
- Carl Zeiss Optics and Planar Design
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical Elements
- Super Sonic Wave Autofocus Motor
- ED Glass and Carl Zeiss T* Lens Coating
- Dust-Resistant Metal Lens Barrel
- Rounded Nine-Blade Aperture
The Sony 50mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* ZA Lens is a normal-length prime lens that is compatible with both full-frame and APS-C-sized image sensors. This lens’ construction integrates two glass-molded aspherical elements within its design to provide high image quality while reducing distortions and aberrations. The Carl Zeiss optics work to produce a rich image quality, and its planar design helps to improve overall image sharpness due to its flat reproduction characteristics with minimal field curvature. Additionally, extra-low dispersion (ED) glass is used throughout to further minimize chromatic aberration and aid in producing even sharpness across the image plane. A Carl Zeiss T* coating is applied to lens elements, too, to help reduce lens flare and surface reflections on individual elements.
In regard to focusing and handling performance, this lens utilizes an SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) to produce quiet and smooth focusing that is ideal when working with video applications. A focus hold button and DMF (Direct Manual Focus) functions aid to this lens’ manual focusing abilities, while the rear-focusing design and incorporation of a focus ring that does not rotate while in AF mode are specifically engineered for more efficient AF usage.
The optical design of the lens is housed within a metal lens barrel that offers both durability and rigidity while also providing drip- and dust-resistance for use in inclement conditions.
- Carl Zeiss Optics and Design
- The inclusion of Carl Zeiss optics contributes to producing richly detailed, high quality imagery with notable overall sharpness. The combination of the planar design, incorporation of aspherical elements, and rear-focusing system all contribute to even edge-to-edge illumination and contrast that can be seen even when working with the fast wide-open f/1.4 aperture. Additionally, two glass-molded aspheric elements and the incorporation of ED glass work to minimize distortions and aberrations while also benefitting image sharpness, contrast, and color fidelity. A Carl Zeiss T* lens coating is also applied to individual lens elements to help reduce lens flare and improve contrast and clarity.
- Super Sonic Wave Motor
- The SSM focus system provides quick, quiet focusing abilities that are well suited for both still photography and movie recording. The manual focus ring features a non-rotating design when working in autofocus modes, however when working in manual focus situations, DMF and a focus hold button are available to benefit critical focusing.
- Lens Barrel Design
- The lens features an aluminum alloy construction that provides increased durability and tactility for use. The metal body also contributes to the dust- and drip-resistant design, which is further enhanced with the inclusion of rubber seals to minimize the ability of dust and moisture to affect the performance of the lens.
|Focal Length||50 mm
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 75 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Sony Alpha, Minolta AF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||46.8°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48′ (45 cm)|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.19 x 2.81″ (81 x 71.5 mm)|
|Weight||18.27 oz (518 g)|
Whats in the box
Sony 50mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* ZA Lens
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- ALC-SH126 Lens Hood
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.